Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Insider (Germ) Trading &
Motif #4 of 25 Motif Challenge

School is back in session and the first wave of germ trading has begun. Three days into the school term The Sprout got sick and developed an ear infection.

This is me blogging from bed, cuddled close to an alternately teary and talkative boy. He has been watching cartoons, marathon-style (Toy Story, Little Einsteins, Dinosaur Train or Pinky & The Brain). We have also read several books and even made up a few stories to break up the monotony.

And Big Daddy seems to have caught the germ(s) from Sprout. How I have managed to escape (so far) is a mystery. Knock on wood that I don't get it next!

Tatting under these conditions is not ideal, but I have managed to finish this little bit of lace for my design class homework. It is tatted in Manuela size 20.

Motif #4 for 25 Motif Challenge

It is my latest experiment with stabilizing chains. I worked rings after short series of chains and used a split ring-chain combo to add more strength. The design ended up being wavy and square. Added bonus! One repeat makes a nice chandelier earring, especially with beads or small dangly bits added.

Overall, I am pleased with the results even though it turned out to be more ornate than I expected. Stability and negative space are both good. It makes a nice motif #4 for the 25 Motif Challenge.

4 comments:

JB said...

Very nice motif. I really like how it turned out square. You are doing a great job with the design class.

Unknown said...

Hi there! ☺ Very pretty motif! You did a great job on it.

Oh, you may want to know that there is a "Twitter API" pop up screen that comes up every time someone visits your blog. Mine started doing this when I had my tweets on a private setting and still had a feed on my blog. I remedied it by either taking my tweets off of private or by removing my feed from my blog while it was private. Just FYI (hope you don't mind my sharing).

IsDihara said...

Thanks JB! Design-Tat is indeed a challenge, but I'm learning loads and loads and Sharon is such a great teacher.

Tatting Chic, yes, I've been trying to remove the "Twitter API" pop up ever since it first appeared. Someone else told me it was a phishing tactic. Blech!

Since you have dealt with this issue, mind if I email you privately with a few questions?

And no, I don't mind you sharing at all! That pop up screen is uber-annoying. I'm grateful for any tips on how to resolve it without opening this mommy blog up to predatory or spammer-scammer eyes.

Carolina said...

Hi there, I've just come across your blog...I love the tatting and the colour is gorgeous,so well done you for getting it done with a sick little one and hubby!