School is back in session and the first wave of germ trading has begun. Three days into the school term The Sprout got sick and developed an ear infection.
This is me blogging from bed, cuddled close to an alternately teary and talkative boy. He has been watching cartoons, marathon-style (Toy Story, Little Einsteins, Dinosaur Train or Pinky & The Brain). We have also read several books and even made up a few stories to break up the monotony.
And Big Daddy seems to have caught the germ(s) from Sprout. How I have managed to escape (so far) is a mystery. Knock on wood that I don't get it next!
Tatting under these conditions is not ideal, but I have managed to finish this little bit of lace for my design class homework. It is tatted in Manuela size 20.
It is my latest experiment with stabilizing chains. I worked rings after short series of chains and used a split ring-chain combo to add more strength. The design ended up being wavy and square. Added bonus! One repeat makes a nice chandelier earring, especially with beads or small dangly bits added.
Overall, I am pleased with the results even though it turned out to be more ornate than I expected. Stability and negative space are both good. It makes a nice motif #4 for the 25 Motif Challenge.