Sunday, May 18, 2008

[Nap] Time Flies When You . . .

. . . start a freelance editing/writing gig working from home. The past week at Silly Hat Central has gone by in a great whoosh. The only reason I'm able to tell you about it now is that Little Sprout is enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon nap.

I tiptoed upstairs with the camera to give you a peek at his sweet, sleeping face.


When he's awake, Little Sprout has been hurling his stuffed toys out of his crib. So we make a game out of tossing them back in. Here is a quick snapshot of his reaction when I attempted to jam his cuddly, brown bear's face (shown above) between the bars.

Can you hear the crickets?

Okay, so there may be a glimmer of amusement in his eyes, but he was definitely not laughing. Either Little Sprout has a dry wit or my attempt at humor b-o-m-b-e-d. It was a classic "don't quit your day job" moment.

On a completely different subject, can you see the scratch marks on the top of his crib railing? Those are teeth marks! I've never actually seen him gnawing on the rail, but the evidence is there.

Here is his "I just woke up and I'm not amused" face. He's a bit cranky. (Note the toy dangling precariously from the crib bars.)


Well, that's all for now. So much to do before new freelance assignments drop into my inbox.

No comments: