Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

[image reprinted with kind permission from Dana Morita at Scrappity Scraps]

What are you doing for National Scrapbooking Day? If you're not already scrapping, here are the Top 10 Things to Do.

It was this time last year that I first dipped my toe in the digital scrapping pool, testing the creative waters. Before I knew it I had cannon-balled into the deep end.

I've always been a hybrid scrapper because hybrid layouts afford me the best of both worlds. I can achieve the texture and dimension I love without excessive bulk. And I can journal to my hearts contents and tuck the journaling blocks behind photos or into pull-out pockets or sleeves. Maybe someday I'll explore more hybrid projects, but right now I'm tickled pink with things just as they are.

It is ironic that, instead of scrapping, I'll be spending the day at one of my favorite Spring festivals: Maryland Sheep and Wool. I've been attending this festival for years, so I couldn't throw over a "girl's day" outting to the fairgrounds with friends who are as addicted to fiber as I am.

With a little luck National Scrapbooking Day next year won't fall precisely on MD Sheep and Wool weekend. But even if it does, I'll still manage to get some scrapping in somehow.

No comments: