Friday, September 19, 2008

Talk Like a Pirate Day 2008

Aargh and abast ye, me hearties! The call o' the sea be strong. If ye be longin' t' feel the swells beneath ye, grab some grog (or a lusty wench) an' let loose with a hearty, "Yo Ho!"

For the past few seasons one o' me mates has sent me e-cards commemoratin' this fine day. The photo above is a screen shot of this year's card. Of course I run up the Jolly Roger and blast a bit o' buccanneer shot right back. I'd be nothin' but a bilge rat and bastard daughter of a biscuit eater if I didn't.

Aye now, if ye be likin' me light-hearted lingo, this privateer be goin' on the account to have me lookin' like a lily-livered sprog. He even beat me to me best site o' reference. Aye, ye'll be wantin' to share some grog wit' 'im. Savvy?

Lookin' to get ye a proper swashbucklin' epithet?

My pirate name is:

Deadeye Constance Bonney



Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network
Thanks to Dread Pirate Kidd for posting her pirate name, and that scurvy art. Good on ye, mate!

Smooth sailin' an' fair winds t' ye! Aaarrrggh!

No comments: