Thursday, March 20, 2008

Love You “Two Pieces”

Yesterday a weather-related power surge K-O'd the network card in our computer, isolating us from the Internet. Gasp! Horrors! Big Daddy (that darling man o' mine) identified the problem and fixed it so we were only inconvenienced for one evening.

On slow TV evenings I typically look in on my favorite blogs, so during naptime this morning I had some catch-up reading to do before settling in for a nice, relaxing write. Apologies to anyone who thinks "relaxing write" is an oxymoron.

This endearing exchange from Chicky Chicky Baby really warmed my heart. Chicky's mom posted about the relationship Chicky has with her grandparents. After reading it, I resolved to ask Little Sprout every day:

“How much does mommy love you?”
In anticipation of the day he shyly answers, “Two Pieces,”
holding up two fingers.

Just like Chicky and her Grandfather, I love Little Sprout to pieces. And those two pieces make everything whole. Thanks, Mrs. C for reminding us all about the power of love.

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Big Daddy said...

I love my "Two Pieces"...Mommy and Little Sprout.

-Big Daddy