Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another Scrapbook Layout

With the heat index in the triple digits, I've been finding things to do inside the house. Might as well enjoy the a/c, since we don't know how long the unit will last.

Here is the week 4 divider page layout for Little Sprout's First Year Album. Look at that red face.


To illustrate the design departure this latest layout has taken, here is the previous week's divider page.


Doesn't look that different, you say? Well, that's mostly because of the freebie quick page that is the foundation for each divider. I add the titles, the journaling, the photo and the week stamp.

Is it a sign of growth that I am dissatisfied with the flat look of this quick page? I am feeling the need to remove the two (pointless) fasteners and give the photo shadows and a more stacked look.

Of course then weeks 3, 2, and 1 will need to be revised to match. And that is why I haven't made these changes already — must maintain forward momentum.

2 comments:

A's Mom said...

I think the pages look great, but then again I'm used to the flat look of traditional layouts. I don't think the fastener looks too out of place either, but I could see how you would think that it was a distraction.

Keep up the good work and remember... don't second guess your already completed pages. You'll never finish a complete project.

Hurrayic said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly children change? On one hand you want them to stay at a particular age, cherish it, remember it, and yet you also want them to change, grow, experience. It's good that you're keeping the memories of your little one.