Sunday, July 6, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog

OK, I'm WAY behind on blog entries, but I have a little announcement to make.

No, I'm NOT pregnant. (Whew, glad that's out of the way.)

But I am a Sci-Fi fan. If you didn't know that previously...well, now you know.

I just had to post this quickly. The genius behind the TV show Firefly and its silver screen sequel Serenity is launching a new three-part Internet musical.

Joss Whedon's new blog project, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, is the result of some brainstorming and networking during the television writer's strike. It will not be a normal movie release. It will be posted on the internet for FREE, but only for 20 days.

Here is how it will play out (source: Whedonesque):

ACT ONE (Wheee!) will go up Tuesday July 15th.
ACT TWO (OMG!) will go up Thursday July 17th.
ACT THREE (Denouement!) will go up Saturday July 19th.

All acts will stay up until midnight Sunday July 20th. Then they will vanish into the night.


Teaser from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog on Vimeo.

Is that Doogie Howser all grown up, you ask? Why, yes it is. Neil Patrick Harris, I mean. Fans of Joss Whedon's work will also recognize Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day. Please join me in watching this three-part campy romp. It'll be fun!

No comments: