Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Piggie Snacks as Survival Food


One of my best friends, fyrlocc, loves nibbling on baby toes and mentions them as "must-have" items on the appetizer list whenever our dinner group meets. Isn't that sweet?

I admit that I think Bruce has the most adorable (and tastey) baby toes ever, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone.

At our house we play a game where I scoop Bruce up into an embrace and declare that it is time for "Piggy Snacks!" Of course he erupts into instant giggles and squeals of glee as I take his delicious, little toes and pretend to eat them all up. I swear, his laughter adds years back onto my life.

Some days these little, joyous moments are all that get me through the emotional rollercoaster day after day. Yes, death is a natural part of life. But that doesn't make it any easier to watch Julie slip slowly into increasing periods of exhaustion.




Bruce, God bless him, is doing his level best to distract me with happy moments! Today he crawled through the doggie door. So cute! Darnit, I didn't get a picture. He'll have to do it again so I can record it in his "First Year" baby book and post a photo here.





Less than 30 minutes after conquering the doggie door, Bruce discovered the Tupperware® cupboard in the kitchen. Playing with Tupperware® is a rite of passage! The best part? It kept him enthralled for 45 minutes. I was able to tidy up around the kitchen and prepare for dinner while I watched him pull plastic bowls, lids, canisters and containers out all over the floor.


2 comments:

Kate Spears said...

Baby is getting cuter every day! Keep us posted on sweet Julie's progress, and how you're doing as well!

A's Mom said...

Piggy toes... yummy, yummy!